Fruit of the Spirit
FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
The closer we come to Jesus, the more we realise the need to change and grow as Christians.?Like a child trying to keep in step with her parent so we desire to be 'In step with the Spirit of God'. One helpful way of growing as a Christians is to cultivate the fruit of the Spirit as listed in the passage below.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Write out the list for a book marker or fridge magnet. Concentrate on just one of these characteristics through the whole day.
"Lord, help me to be gentle as I respond to Bob now."
"Lord, I want to reflect your gentleness as I go for coffee now at work."
"Lord, that wasn't very gentle! How can I redeem this situation?"
Sermons in St.Mary's on 'The Fruit of the Spirit.
"Fresh Fruit Disciples"
9. ?Gentleness.? John 8v1-11 and 2 Corinthians 9v12-10v6
8. ?Faithfulness.? Psalm 107v1-22 (1 Peter 1v13-16)
7. ?Goodness gracious.? Psalm 107v1-22 (1 Peter 1v13-16)
6. ?Show kindness.? Luke 19v1-10 (Romans 12v19-16)
5. ?Patience, patience, patience, patience".? Matthew 18v21-35 (Colossians 3v12-13)
4. ?Recieve the peace of God.? Isaiah 43v1-7 (John 14v23-27)
3. ?Live in joy.? Luke 24v33-53 (Psalm 16v5-11)
2. ?Let your love show.? 1 John 4v7-21 (Mark 12v28-34)
1. ?Be fruitful.? Galatians 5v13-26